View Single Post

Old 12-13-2015, 04:17 PM

Liked 272 Times in 173 Posts

Went back to the club today, Sunday, 12/13/2015 and did an extensive test with the ammo I had, which consisted of American Eagle 147 grain FMJ flat point, Prvi Partizan 115 grain FMJ and Fiocchi 115 grain FMJ.

After running 50 rounds random through the gun to "season" the barrel, I cleaned it and tested five groups of five rounds each with each of the three brands listed above. This was done at 25 yards, off of a pistol rest.

I had a friend with me who is also a fairly good shot and he came up with the same results I did.
He'll be ordering a barrel shortly.

I have fiber optic front and rear sights on this gun, as I can't see them well without them. They are large and I'm sure the groups would be smaller if I had target type sights on it and someone with good eyes and was a little better shot, did the shooting.

The Fiocchi 115 FMJ averaged the largest groups, around 5 inches.

The Prvi Partizan 115 FMJ averaged less than 2 inches, but shot low.

The American Eagle 147 FMJ averaged less than 2 inches, with three touching and the fourth within an inch. The fifth shot was probably me and it shot almost to point of aim.
Several of the groups with this ammo sent most of the shots into an inch or just over and the photo is representative of them.
I was aiming for the middle of the target.

We tried a few commercial reloads in it, but we had to tap the slide to chamber the rounds, so I didn't feel comfortable shooting them and just ejected them unfired. Must be a match chamber or the reloads are slightly oversized.

This barrel is everything Randy and Apex promised it would be and more. It turned my 5 inch Pro into a gun to almost compete with the 45 auto match pistols and this was using range ammo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AE147.jpg (50.7 KB, 758 views)
File Type: jpg PP115.jpg (47.1 KB, 674 views)

Last edited by agksimon; 01-29-2016 at 08:28 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: