View Single Post

Old 12-14-2015, 10:43 AM

Liked 9,429 Times in 4,226 Posts

My how times have changed! Ruger is making 2 revolvers for the 327 FM and Starline has produced at least 2 or more runs of brass while Federal keeps letting loaded ammo trickle out into the distribution pipeline. Smith & Wesson still hasn't made a strong commitment to the 327, but they are still flirting with it. Revolvers are somewhat passé, I know... so ANY new revolver cartridge is going to be a slow starter and will have only a few dedicated followers at the beginning, but the fact that this 5 1/2 year old thread rises from the ashes again suggests there is still a spark of interest.

Red feather, the 327 Blackhawk you asked about came out about 2011 or '12 with very little fanfare and actually a pretty short manufacturing life. It was available in stainless only, had a 5 1/2" barrel, IIRC and was an eight shooter! I was fortunate enough to get one at distributor cost just as they were deciding to kill it off before they ever really tried to promote it. I still think the 327 fits well in the medium frame double action S&W quite well, thank you very much and will continue to enjoy my "Project 616" even though the factory will probably never make it for the general public.

Froggie
The Following 2 Users Like Post: