View Single Post

Old 12-14-2015, 06:37 PM

Liked 18,473 Times in 7,310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
You would have gotten a look from me. After being a peace officer for 30 years I would wonder what type of person you were. Were you carrying it openly just to show off, or were you doing it to get ready to perpetrate a criminal act? When you mostly deal with bad people all the time you grow suspicious. A question was asked if you are pro gun, or pro 2A. I guess I am both, but do not like open carry unless the person is displaying a badge. I know that makes no sense, but it is how I am. Things would be different if it were in the 1800's and most everyone carried openly, including the sheriff. Constitutional carry is very new here, and I have yet to see anyone carrying openly in a city.
I assume you are referring to my comment about not even getting any funny looks. Well, all I can say is, maybe in Kansas, and maybe in Seattle, but not here in Spokane. You'd be giving a lot of people funny looks if you did, because it isn't that unusual. We have a lot of ranchers and outdoorsmen in this area that OC. We're not Kansas out here Toto.

If you get suspicious and turn a stink eye on people who are legally exercising their rights, then all I can say is go right ahead. Just as long as it doesn't go past giving someone "the eye" then no harm, no foul. BUT if you start using your badge to hassle people who aren't doing anything illegal, just because you don't happen to like whatever it is they are doing, then that's when it becomes a whole different story. As long as it doesn't go that way then you have every right to LOOK at them with all the suspicion you want.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: