View Single Post

Old 12-17-2015, 02:10 AM

Liked 2,954 Times in 1,054 Posts
Default The Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llew View Post
My new shield 9 and 40 have impossible to release the slide without hulk strength. Is there a fix?
Yes, there is a fix, posted just a few days ago if you can use the "Search" feature. The same question has been asked and answered numerous times in the almost two years I have been on this forum.

Simply adjust the slide lever to release the way you want it.

Shield...Hard to release Slide!! Last post by CB3

The belief that this lever must be hard to operate and is only a stop, no matter what terminology the manual uses, is false. It is both a stop and a release when properly adjusted. It can be adjusted to reliably "auto-release" if desired, with a second or backup release method also trained.

This ain't rocket science folks; it's just adjustable friction. I have set up over a dozen pistols from four different manufacturers to auto-release with no negative consequences, increased wear, or decrease in reliability for loading a round. Activating the lever with a finger still works. Slingshoting still works. There is no downside. It is faster and easier than slingshoting.

Try it. If you don't like it, simply add friction back into the lever/slide interface and you can be back where you started.

Last edited by CB3; 12-17-2015 at 02:21 AM.