View Single Post

Old 12-17-2015, 05:25 PM

Liked 3,535 Times in 1,770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romelgsd View Post
I bought the Hornady 9th edition for relaoding. And looking at the powders they have listed I'm thinking about the Alliant power pistol. I've been shooting 115gr winchester white box rounds from my s&w m&p vtac. And the fps on those rounds is 1190. And the power pistol has the greatest range of velocities. I want to try and match the velocities and see what the groupings are like. But per the advice I've been given I'll start at 4.8gr which should give about 1000fps and work my way up to 6.4gr which should give me about 1200 fps. And which ever load between the two that gives me the results I'm looking for I'll go with.
Load no more than five rounds at each charge weight as you work your way up. There is always a good chance that the lighter loads may not work the action properly.

When you get the results you want for both accuracy and velocity, load up a larger batch and verify your results. If your first accurate group was an anomaly but still functions the pistol, you can still shoot them. There are few things more frustrating in life than having to break down 50 rds. that don't function in your pistol.