View Single Post

Old 12-19-2015, 12:37 PM

Liked 34 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
Took the words right outa my mouth. Yeah,yeah, I know, it's supposedly just a microscopically small percentage, but we can't be sure of that,at all, since a very small percentage of M&P owners are actually involved in this thread.
This could easily be a MUCH more wide spread problem, only S&W knows for sure.
And all I know is that I'm reading post after post of, "yep, happened to me too".
And, the fact that the part is back-ordered is also curious. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear that there's a recall on this part somewhere down the line.
I'm in the middle of selling another toy to get a Shield as we speak, but I'm thinking I'm gonna put that on hold for a minute.
Regardless of what anyone says here there's a problem. Not so much with the RSA failing but the fact that there doesn't seem to be any readily available. I get the fact that things aren't perfect & sometimes there might be a part failure on anything. I bought a new Ford Taurus awhile back & had a tire problem (most likely due to the poor state of Michigan roads). I took my car in & was told they didn't have the correct tire in stock, but they'd have it that afternoon. They didn't tell me that they where to busy making cars & all the tires were going on new cars, but don't worry we'll get you a new tire when we can. I have a problem with any part not being available on a currently produced item-especially a wear part that has had past failures. Glock recommends replacing the RSA's in their pistols at regular intervals depending on round count and guess what you can buy them off Amazon. I bought a Shield last summer. Right now no problem, but I am sorry I didn't purchase another brand & will be selling it. It seems that S&W may be more concerned with making a million pistols. I'd feel differently if that OEM part were readily available. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I don't really care.

Last edited by Smooth1; 12-19-2015 at 01:44 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: