View Single Post

Old 12-19-2015, 06:28 PM

Liked 109 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybout22 View Post
I know this is an older thread, but just in case someone is reading it still looking for a holster, here's mine. Its a Fobus GL-2 ND. The fit and retention are just perfect for my 22 compact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriley76 View Post
I bought this holster based on this post, works perfectly just as described in Crazybout22's post!
I am not being confrontational here but how the HE _ _ are you making this holster work ? I bought 2 of them for my 2 Compacts on recommendation of this thread. They didn't come close to working.

At first try I could hardly get the pistol to go into the holster. I then loosened the adjustment screw and that did not help. Next I spread the holster out and forced several pieces of cardboard between the front and back sections and heated the plastic with a hair dryer. That opened up the top of the holster and let the trigger guard slide in without being in too tight. I then forced the pistol down a little further. Hoping putting in an out a few times would help. I repeated the insertion and removal several times. It did seem to loosen just a hair.

Then it happened. I pushed the gun into the holster until the muzzle cleared the end and the trigger guard snapped into position. MISTAKE. The front sight cleared the end of the hoster and the bottom of the holster snapped in behind and below the top of the front sight. No way to pull the gun back. It was STUCK. Could not get the holster to give enough to work the front sight back under the holster to slide it out. So now I had a permanently holstered gun. So what to do?

Don't want to pry the holster up and mar the gun finish. Consider dremel cutting but that is too risky ... absolutely no margin for error when doing that. After considering a couple of other totally useless plans I settled on the old fashioned way. A couple of real sharp knives and about an hour of tedious nerve wracking plastic whittling. I slowly sliced and cut an area around the sides of the front sight and got the holster cut away about a half inch behind the sight. I got the plastic cleared far enough behind where I could cut a bevel directly behind the front sight to let it slide back under the holster. After I got this done I squeezed the holster together on the sides as hard as I could and pulled and pulled until I worked the sight under the plastic and the pistol cleared itself out of the holster.

To my amazement I had not scratched the gun finish anywhere. Could not see where the sight was any the worse for wear.

So now I have 2 holsters that are useless to me. One brand new and one brand new with a little redesign. I will return one and see if I can find a use for the redesigned one.

But my observation and experience is the GL 2 ND •• DOES NOT WORK •• with the M&P .22LR Compact. Just trying to let everyone know what happened with my Fobus purchase.

Last edited by rjtmac; 12-20-2015 at 01:37 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: