View Single Post

Old 12-28-2015, 02:44 PM

Liked 85 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircrewman View Post
I would send it back to the factory for a factory refinish. The factory will do a routine check of the gun and be able to make any necessary repair or replacement of parts that need to be done. They can then put a beautiful blue back on it or a nickel finish or a very functional flat matte finish which is very business-like and still allows the revolver to look very good.
I had a model 28 and a model 19 redone at the factory many years ago with the matte finish and they are still very nice and look very good. And the factory prices are very competitive. I think that you will be very pleased with the factory's work. AND, it will be "factory" for the future....
AC, The revolver is in new mechanical condition, It was fired 12 times and the owner thought it was too much gun, it was then put in a doskicile foam case in a damp basement for years. He only looked at it after a flood, and found it in this condition. It was thrown into a dumpster for scrap, case and all. Insurance paid him for it, he did not care. It was rescued by one of his friends, also a friend of mine who brought it to me to see if it could be fixed. When the owner was advised that it was safe to shoot and salvageable, he told me he didn't really want it anyways. And a very good deal was struck, a bit more than the scrap value of the piece. It is tight and crispy new feeling besides the finish issues. Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: