View Single Post

Old 12-31-2015, 11:12 PM

Liked 55 Times in 29 Posts
Talking

Folks,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

And I do feel it will be a great year that the Mark 22 Mod 0 "Hush Puppy" will truly be reborn, basically fifty years after it first saw use by the SEALs in Vietnam...

Based on input from others, I made the "executive decision" to hold off on the shoulder stock plans for now. I do realize attaching the shoulder stock to the pistol will instantly make it a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) and I do NOT wish to tangle with the ATF, hence for me, I will only create the drawings at a later date...

BMCM is about to send me two chamber plugs he created from Delrin, with two different types of O-rings, to see which works best. BMCM is also working on a mold for the back end cap plug. He will be come the source for chamber plugs, back end cap plugs, and potentially muzzle plugs, once we make up a prototype faux can to send to the ATF for their determination if they will even allow the muzzle plug on a faux suppressor to start with...

So, in summary, the slide lock is the ONLY part actually left to be made, and that is in the works right now. The remaining needed parts (front sight, rear sight wings & elevation screw, faux suppressor) already have been made. Soon anyone will be able to recreate the "Hush Puppy," to enjoy and pay tribute to those SEALs who put themselves into harm's way while carrying it...

Another update hopefully soon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1450455_zpsa78b7f74.jpg (43.9 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg rearsightwings.jpg (66.8 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg slide&can.jpg (63.7 KB, 119 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: