View Single Post

Old 01-06-2016, 04:25 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
That's not a bad idea McE. However, I've done some testing with batteries and your suggestion really is a wag. PA probably didn't even do that. They probably calculated the current draw based on the circuit design and matched that up with the mAh of the battery.

The issue with battery drain extrapolation is that batteries don't dissipate in a linear fashion. Also, each type of battery has a different dissipation curve. In any kind of measurement, extrapolation is never a good idea. The further away from an actual measurement point you get, the worse the prediction becomes.

Most regular alkaline batteries will maintain a decent voltage right up until about 20% before failure. Then they will drop off dramatically.

Meh, nothing like a real world test. I compressed a spring for a year to prove that springs really do compress. This is no big deal. I have the optic. I'm going to leave it on. We'll see how it is as time goes by. If I remember, I'll post a blurb every month or so.

The new battery is in. It's an Energizer. Time will tell. If it lasts a year, I'll call it a success.
Since it was August when you posted that, have you had to replace the battery at all yet? I'm really interested in the 50k+ hour assertion as well.