View Single Post

Old 01-11-2016, 05:00 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

White Coyote: What a nice find! I have a 341-P but it's a bit beat up. It belonged to my brother, a farmer in Iowa, and he sometimes carried the rifle on his tractor for rabbits and pheasants while picking corn in the fall. I learned to hunt rabbits and shoot a rifle an the farm at age 12 using his 341-P. When my brother died of a heart attack in 1987 I bought the rifle from his wife.

I knew this rifle was manufactured between 1936 and 1940 but didn't know how to determine what year until I read on this forum. My 341-P has a "EE" so it would have been manufactured in October 1936. My brother installed an elevated rear sight on the rifle because the rifle is missing the type of rear sight shown in the photos on this site. Darn thing doesn't shoot worth a darn unless it's on a good rest, Otherwise the end of the barrel seems to move all over the place. I also have a fairly nice Remington Model 34 that I've owned since I was about 18.

Last edited by longtimealaskan; 01-11-2016 at 05:03 AM. Reason: correcting some spelling errors