View Single Post

Old 01-13-2016, 11:35 AM

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

I mentioned my cosmetically challenged early M28 HP earlier. Refinished in matte chrome by APW. (I was wrong about that. See further down.) There were some questions so I might as well show a few pics again.

Here is one photo of what the gun looked like when I received it. "Honest holster wear" is one thing... but this is actual finish damage.

Here is a photo of it when it came back. Grips removed to show the entire finish.

I was so impressed with how smooth it was to the touch. And how much it looked like a factory stainless gun... so I couldn't resist pulling out a couple of random stainless guns for a group photo.

As the doubters can see, the finish doesn't result in filled in text on the gun. It also isn't super shiny.

Just to be sure I wasn't confused... it was 2005 when I had this done... I went back through my email and found the original correspondence. APW calls this their "brushed chrome" option. Not "matte" which is their inexpensive "fishing tackle box" type of finish. So $170 back then.

Gregg
The Following 5 Users Like Post: