View Single Post

Old 01-13-2016, 12:02 PM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default SW22 Victory, is it just me?

First, I love my M&P's and S&W. Have had just about everything, was an avid Glock shooter before but once I held an M&P, I was sold. I'm short and have small hands and they just fit me. Carry a 40c and compete with a full sized .40. I also enjoy this forum. Have lurked quite a bit, but I had to join to ask this question and I'm sure I'll start posting more.

For the love of Pete, why didn't they give this thing an ambidextrous safety? WHY? Every single steel framed target style .22 pistol on the market for the last 60 years of this design has a single sided, right handed safety. I'm a lefty, I sold my 22/45 and various other .22 pistols because I can't actuate the safety with my left hand without contorting it. I would go out and buy a Victory tomorrow if it had an ambi safety. I just don't get it. I think it's a slick looking pistol and when I saw it, I thought "PLEASE have an ambi safety, they wouldn't go about designing a NEW .22 target gun in 2015 without thinking of the everlasting plight of lefties, would they?" When I saw photos of the right side of the gun, my heart sank a little.

I have friends that are new shooters, women and kids that are lefties and I don't like giving them a pistol that is so "wierd" for them to actuate the safety.

Oh well. I'm sure it was an oversight, I guess it could be an engineering problem, but with what we can do today in engineering it would surprise me that they can't put a lever on the right side of this pistol. Guess I'll stick with my polymer .22's.

Otherwise, keep up the good work, Smith!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: