View Single Post

Old 01-17-2016, 10:41 PM

Liked 55 Times in 29 Posts

Folks,

Spoke on the phone the first time with BMCM regarding the Accessory Kit parts. His Delrin chamber plugs are ready for production. We spoke at length about the muzzle plugs, the barrel caps and the back end cap plugs. The muzzle plugs will be made from a sheet of a white vinyl-like product, punching them out with a gasket cutting tool. With both the barrel cap and back end cap plug, we basically came up with the idea of creating something like a bullet mold to form the external shape of both items, while there will be an internal insert to create the inner portion of the barrel cap. BMCM has some ideas he wants to try regarding the actual material itself. He is also going to create a 1:1 copy of the faux Mark 3 suppressor with the recess, to be sent to the ATF for their legal determination...

By Wednesday, I should be picking up my 39-2 slide with the silver soldered "ring" bushing. I shall also discuss with the gunsmith who to go about creating the 3-D model of the slide lock for testing and verification...

Keep the faith...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mk3canrecess.jpg (8.9 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg slide&can.jpg (63.7 KB, 56 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: