View Single Post

Old 01-28-2016, 01:15 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,604 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCHDOG View Post
Right. They were proficient, but they couldn't stay on the paper? Okey dokey. That's right, though, I keep forgettin' it was the fault of them ol' rattletrap G.I. .45s.

Might have been, I can't speak for the whole danged Air Force (apologies to Will Stockdale). But just like the Army, and every other branch of the military, we had our share of weenies who couldn't hit the floor if they dropped the pistol on it. Most of 'em finally got the hang of it, though.

Speaking for myself only, I think the last time I ever missed the paper completely might have been back when I was around 9-years-old and shootin' my daddy's .22 rifle for the first time. That was well over a half-century ago, though. Now, I'm no kind of a marksman, but I've never missed the paper at 25- or 50-yards with any 1911, old or new. That includes my "mixmaster rattletrap" 1943 Remington Rand in the photo below.

Give that 1943 Rem Rand a couple more arsenal refinishes, mix the parts with several other guns, give the barrel crown a few good dings and issue it to about 25 more servicemen for the next 25 years and then see how accurate it is. You'll be bawling like a 9 year old that couldn't hit anything with Daddy's .22.

; )

Last edited by clang444; 01-28-2016 at 10:04 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: