View Single Post

Old 02-04-2016, 04:33 PM

Liked 6,939 Times in 3,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatbum101 View Post
Very interesting read . If one can use same coating & alloy for every application , that is indeed quite a breakthrough . Only thing I find hard to swallow is ability to use same sizing in guns that slug to different sizes . As a long time caster IMHO fit is king . It's also correct with traditional cast that different alloys , sizing & lubes are needed to fit the application . What I really wonder about is the accuracy of PC @ 50yds & beyond for handguns . Some of you state you PC rifle bullets & I assume you find good accuracy with them . As of yet I've not seen coated used in Bullseye , PPC or cast benchrest competitions , perhaps this will change . Yes times change & technology improves . Old folks are somewhat resistant to change mostly because in our experience new doesn't necessarily mean better it just means different . If one over the years has developed a system that works for them this is especially true . I look forward to more results from PC bullets & would definately be interested in seeing 50yd + targets . Look forward to future posts from you gentlemen .
I wouldn't say one alloy for every application.
Coating gives you a LOT of latitude but you'll still need something harder for high intensity rifle loading, and you still want softer for stuff like hollow points.
Still a factor, but its FR less critical.

Sizing ...
in either case, you can tighten up your grouping through sizing.
If you undersize a traditional type, you can count on lead lining a bore. Coated .. your just going to shoot a little loose.

50Y+ targets with coated ....
sure, not that anyone seems to actually care that I and others already have.
all are 2400+ FPS plain based when I was looking for practical cast field loads.