View Single Post

Old 02-27-2016, 03:00 PM

Liked 301 Times in 210 Posts
Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by martybee View Post
I use the recommended procedure for take down, but I use my finger nails on the groves in the take-down lever. Easy, and never fails!

mb
I don't think my fingernails would last long but if it works then why not?

After a couple of years with the NDZ bar I lean towards the notion that it's really a matter of technique. If you find the best way to move the slide back, and then quickly move the "lever/bar/barrel stop" down, and quickly release the slide, it's really a nominal process.

I think that in the early days I was not moving the slide far enough back, or was spending too much effort on moving it too far back, all the while holding the bar/lever/slide stop with my fingers. I could easily go back to the stock piece but like the stainless showing and the fact that the piece is machined instead of stamped.

My superb skill, training, and experience are such that it takes about 1-2 seconds for the whole process and my fingers don't complain at all. The fact is that my skill in taking my SD9VE down far exceeds my pistol shooting skill.

[I just had a look at my original measurements and see that the NDZ bar is .98 mm longer than stock. I may have reported different numbers in prior posts.]