View Single Post

Old 03-06-2016, 06:28 PM

Liked 4,915 Times in 1,705 Posts

A few years ago I happened to state in one of the threads that I was looking for a early 50s vintage 5" Pre-27. A member here contacted me stating he had a 6" for sale that was made in 1952... Now I was born in 1952 and was somewhat interested but was going to pass on it. He then stated he had a S&W Letter stating that the gun had shipped May 21, 1952...MY BIRTHDAY!!! The only question I had was "how much for the shipping". It turned out to be a nice shooter grade gun with the original numbered to the guns grips...

More interesting was where the gun had been shipped...to the George Lawrence Leather Company.... And this is why I have been looking on and off for a period GLLC holster...with no luck....

Now I would love to have a 120 Keith or a 100 Quick-Draw Flap and I even found the box to a 100 but no holster with it. Knowing these would bring a premium would have gladly settled with a Challenger which at $4.95 was less than half the price of the Keith and Quick-Draw in 1968.

So a few minutes ago I go over to GunBroker and what is there...a NEW IN BAG 120/505 for the 6" 357 MAGNUM!!

NIB GEO. LAWRENCE HOLSTER 6" LARGE FRAME D.A. !! : Gun Holsters & Gun Leather at GunBroker.com

So rather than bid and see someone else grab it for the $15.00 for the BuyNow price I just grabbed it...

..a good day...Bob

Last edited by SuperMan; 03-06-2016 at 06:36 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: