View Single Post

Old 03-08-2016, 10:39 AM

Liked 745 Times in 231 Posts

While we're on the general subject of the FBI, I would like to take some space here to recommend a fictional series of books to the members who enjoy FBI stories.

Our member Mike Conti, retired lieutenant of the Mass. State Police, a distinguished lawman, and a friend who has penned 2 books about Delf A "Jelly" Bryce. He intends to publish a 3rd book sometime in the future.

Although fiction, these books are very informative and well written. I highly suggest reading them if you are a fan of the subject. There are keen observations of the culture of the times as well as making Agent Bryce and other early FBI luminaries come alive.

Agent Charles Winstead is also in this work, as well as Mr. Hoover. I found the chapters with dialog with J Edgar to be particularly fascinating, as I cannot recall another fictional work where Hoover was featured. If you like fiction about our lawman and the era of the Midwest bank robbers, these books are very engrossing.

He did not know I was going to post this, nor did he request I do so.
I merely think some of you will appreciate these works as we all are with the topic in general.

Last edited by Malysh; 03-08-2016 at 10:43 AM.