View Single Post

Old 03-08-2016, 11:37 AM

Liked 2,948 Times in 1,074 Posts

Yes, always one in the pipe. If the semi has a safety, I'll have it on. If it does not have a slide safety, it's still got one ready to go, as the safety is your finger being where it needs to be is the best safety, and your brain making sure your finger stays honest.

I honestly don't know why someone would carry a gun that is not ready to go...? If you are new to carrying a gun, and/or shooting, and it just seems a bit scary, just be sure to put in some serious shooting practice. You'll get a lot more comfortable with things, but you need trigger time.

For anyone new to guns, they need to develop good habits on how to handle their gun (finger off trigger at all times until on target and ready to go, and always pointing the gun in a safe direction). I also make it a habit to not handle my carry guns unless necessary. Don't fiddle around with the darn thing when loaded, holstering, un-holstering, racking slides, etc., unless you are at the range practicing safely. Always check and recheck to make sure the gun is clear before handling the gun at home, in the car, etc. Drop mag, rack slide, rack slide again, check the chamber; finger not near trigger, muzzle in a safe direction! And for carry, get a good quality holster. These guns don't fire by themselves...