View Single Post

Old 03-08-2016, 12:49 PM

Liked 17,296 Times in 6,647 Posts

It's more complex than you describe. Among other things, the safety, which is connected to the lever, rotates to block the firing pin. You can find diagrams on line that show all of the components of the safety.

18DAI know far more about the workings of the 3rd Gen guns than I do. That said, there are a couple of factory trained 3rd Gen armorers that know almost all there is to know about the guns. I'll just say that the left decocker/safety lever is the visible part of the mechanism. As is the right, but it's detachable, unlike the left.

The 4566TSW is a great gun, you should have no trouble selling it if you decide it's not your cup of tea.

There were two 4500 series models made with frame mounted decockers. Unfortunately, they were made only one year and are hard, if not impossible to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS88 View Post
Oh, I hate double action. I only shoot single action really. For instance, my CZ P-07 is DA/SA but has a safety I never use, so that's what I'm hoping to achieve with the 4566 by deleting the decocker/safety assembly. If all it does it push the decocker pawl and push down the ejector to disable the trigger, then it should be doable in theory.