View Single Post

Old 03-10-2016, 04:12 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 5,589 Times in 2,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDOT37 View Post
The S&W PN# for the 4586TSW's firing pin retainer is #266920000 ($43.01 old catalog price, new). The catalog also lists a firing pin retainer spacer, #233880000. My 4586 (non-TSW) doesn't have one & I can't say if it's needed on the TSWs or just an optional "fit" part.
The "firing pin retainer spacer" is the substitute for the "sear release lever" and is used only on DAO pistols.

Quote:
S&W may have it. Numrich list it as available: Firing Pin Retainer, Stainless Gun Parts | 347300 | Numrich Gun Parts
The "firing pin retainer" linked to here is for the standard model DAO pistols and not for the TSW model owned by the OP.

Quote:
Just one other thought on the TDA's decocker/blocker. I personally like having the decocker/blocker down whenever I'm loading/unloading my 3rd Gen, & not in a safe environment, e.g. range. It's just comforting to know you've greatly eliminated the likelihood of an accidental discharge by physically blocking the firing pin from the hammer.
While the firing pin would still be blocked by the firing pin safety, I could not agree more that the disabling of any safety device must be approached with caution.

John
The Following User Likes This Post: