View Single Post

Old 03-16-2016, 11:39 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,353 Times in 562 Posts
Default Heart attack--Who has had one??

I'll take a different approach here, based upon my own actual personal experience. My BIL missed the symptoms and died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital - massive heart attack at age 60.

As soon as possible (it could happen today), contact your primary care physician and ask for a referral to a cardiologist. Contact the cardiologist, schedule an appointment for their tests, and communicate your own personal situation. Complete all of the tests - treadmill, etc. Ask about a "cardiac catheterization" https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...atheterization

This test (and possibly others that the doctor recommends) will medically confirm how well (or not) your heart and arteries actually are. There are usually three outcomes - 1) go home the same day (my case), 2) stents (70% or more blockages), or 3) coronary bypass - go directly to the nearest cardiac treatment center, do not pass "Go", do not collect $100.

IIRC we had a situation in Atlanta a few years ago in which one of our favorite newscasters (Captain Herb Emory) went to assist another person in moving a car. The strain was too much for his heart and he later died (Captain Herb Emory passes away | WSB-TV).