View Single Post

Old 03-16-2016, 12:57 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 44,476 Times in 8,620 Posts

Well let's see,,,,3 Heart Attacks and 1 bout of Lung Cancer? I'm a survivor!
First HA was in the middle of the night woke me up and sat me straight up in bed! It felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest plus numbness and pain down my left arm! It was a so called widow maker and I made it to the ER on time. The main artery was 99.9999% blocked and they got it opened in time. Dr said I was lucky and they didn't put a stent in at the time because the technology was to new.
The second one was minor same artery went closed again and I had minor chest pain and minor arm pain.This time it was several years later and this time they put the stent in!
The third one was about three years ago and was due to the stent collapsing! yes it did! I had very very minor chest pain and this time I really had to think,,,,am I having another heart attack? Soon a slight pain came in the arm and I called 911. The stent was relined with a new stent! So now that problem is resolved for now!

As for the lung cancer,,,,if you ever get a sore throat that doesn't seem to go away get it checked ASAP because that was my one and only warning until I started to lose weight, I wasn't dieting!
I had a tumor in my left lung the size of a goose egg, grew there in 3 months, and prior to that I had had a chest X-ray that showed nothing!
Needless to say I lost the lung and right now I'm glad to say I'm cancer free!

So if you have an inkling of a health issue get it checked! I have always tried to stay on top of things and I still got caught with the short end!

I forgot to mention, I'm 61 does that qualify me as being an old fart?

Last edited by loknload; 03-16-2016 at 02:00 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: