View Single Post

Old 03-16-2016, 06:49 PM

Liked 4,433 Times in 1,463 Posts
Thumbs up Heart Attack--

Yes, I have-- I was 52, 19 years ago the end of this June. Sort of a cool day, was riding up I 81 to drive my sons old car back as he was having a hitch put on his new one. Got sort of a gaging catch in my throat then had to throw-up. Got out and did so, then started sweating-- so bad you could wring out the bandana I always carried since I was a kid. We got there, I grabbed a quart bottle of water and hit the road in the old car-- missed my turn on to the interstate and had to turn around. Got on the interstate and headed home. Right away my left arm went numb-- I then realized what was going on, got in the right lane and slowed down and hoped for the best. When I got home 43 miles later I was having trouble breathing and standing. As I pulled into the driveway my son was right behind me. Helped me upstairs into a cold shower, clothes and all-- started to sweat again, he called 911-- the end here, triple by-pass time. Two 100% blockages and one 98%--- was in the hospital two weeks-- at which time I quite my Camels of 35 years and never touched another one-- taking a lot of pills now, but am still moving along, be it a bit slower. Not able to do much these days but I am still here. It IS a fight at times, but you NEVER quit-- My doctor still brings an intern around once in awhile and says, yep, this is the guy who drove 43 miles home having a heart attack-- been a good run for me, got to see my Grandsons grow up and now all in college-- Have two Granddaughters I would of never known, and last year reconnected with two kids from my first marriage that I never knew--- funny how the road of life can take you when you don't quit-- last year we went out a 15,000 mile camping trip around the USA. Enjoyed every minute of it.

There was never any sign of a problem-- Some other problems were discover in the onsuing years, and the boys have been warmed to be on the look out--

Last edited by J. R. WEEMS; 03-16-2016 at 06:51 PM.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: