View Single Post

Old 03-17-2016, 02:36 AM

Liked 4,674 Times in 2,062 Posts

I was out mowing the lawn on a riding lawn mower and came inside after done mowing. All of a sudden I had trouble catching my breath. My elbows hurt and my chest felt like someone was blowing a balloon up inside while a vise was cranking in on the outside. My wife was an LVN nurse and she called the EMS. They rushed me to the hospital and because of no insurance they life flighted me to another hospital under a training deal with the doctors.
I get to the hospital and they didn't even have me on any monitoring. Then the intern wanted me to do a stress tread mill test. I thought are nuts?? They life flighted me here because I was so critical and you want me to see how long I can run before dying. I said no way and the other option was a heart cath which if a person fails a stress test they will do anyway. So I opted for the heart cath.
Well I come to on the table where they did the heart cath and I saw two doctors looking at a screen which I guess was a picture of my heart. I asked are they done and they asked why. I said because I think I am having another attack. They immediately took out the heart cath and one doctor went to get ER surgery ready while the other doctor held my leg where the cath had been so I didn't bleed to death.
I was told when they did the cath that they punctured through my artery. My friend heard the doctor telling the interns out side my room that this guy almost bleed to death on the table. They did a double by pass on me. I was in the hospital just shy of a month I think. The intern told me usually when they puncture through an artery it will go back in. Sorry but I think that is total balony.
I was 37 at that time and was told I had to lose weight and quit smoking and have to be on cholesterol meds from then on. I only weighed 190 lbs so it wasn't like I was a blimp.
I was about 54 when I was having sex and I felt a sudden pain. I stopped and rolled off of her. I notice a few days later any rapid arm movement would bring on chest pain. I went to the doctor and he sent me directly to ER in critical condition. They also wanted me to do a stress test and I said absolutely not. They did a heart cath and installed one stent. I was out good as new in 24 hours.
Now I had been told before that my first time with the by pass I really didn't need one. Now on my doctor visit he tells me the by pass they did almost 17 years ago was totally blocked off. I said then how am I still walking and not dead. He didn't answer me. My conclusion don't ever go in as a guinea pig for teaching interns.
Okay now I am turning 65 soon and basically feel good. I can't do things for prolonged times like I used to but I am 65 for cripe sakes.
I felt bad years ago when I was using the meds they had me on and I checked into cholesterol meds. Did my research and found those meds are the biggest rip off but they make billions on them so there ya go.
I quit eating all processed foods and make all my meals from scratch. I haven't had to take B/P meds in over 5 years. I have my weight back down and still wanting to get lower.
The biggest factors for heart attack IMO is quit eating garbage for food. Cut out sugars and high fructose corn syrup. That basically mean no processed or package foods. Get rid of stress....that right there is number 1 cause of heart attacks IMO. If you smoke and you want to live a longer life then quit right now. All those years from the first heart deal to even up to 5 years ago I still smoked. Yeah I was the George Burns believer that smoking don't kill you. It was when I would start coughing so bad that I would hyperventilate and pass out for a couple seconds that I quit inhaling cigarettes. When the taxes doubled prices I quit right then. Since I hadn't been inhaling for over a year my nicotine levels were very low and I really had no withdraws. I do know I will never touch another cigarette. I can breath and laugh without coughing. I just feel so much better.
I also just found out that smokers have a much greater chance of having aortic embolisms. It is said men especially 65 and older should be checked for embolisms anyway. My brother died about a year ago from one while he was in the hospital to have it repaired. He smoked most of his life till after the bypass, had like a triple bypass, pace maker, and was on blood thinner. He died at the age of 76 I think.
My dad had an embolism on the back wall of his heart which they couldn't at the time do anything for. He spent a year in his bedroom before he started working part time. He died 23 years later of a heart attack while golfing at age 65. He didn't smoke, watched his weight and did exactly as doctors ordered. Both my brother and dad were on blood thinners and had the dosage upped just weeks before dying.
Best thing is chill out from stress, lose weight, moderate exercise at least and eat better. Have blood tests done and see which nutrients your body needs more of. I suggest you check out DR Mercola.com and read up on how to live healthy and longer.

Last edited by gman51; 03-17-2016 at 02:40 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: