Originally Posted by alwslate View Post
Opinions vary widely on refinishing vintage firearms but given the
facts that your gun has already been refinished over pitting and is
import marked there is no collector value. The only problem I would
see in having it reblued would be putting money in it that would not
be returned at time of sale. If it's pitted it would require heavy buffing
to get down to a smooth finish which would probably remove all
marking. I think it might be best enjoyed as is and future money
invested elsewhere. Post a pic if you can.
Thanks for the response! Well the pitting is thankfully on the frame, under the left grip panel so it's not too terrible. It's just something I wouldn't mind fixing. I don't really plan on selling this gun since it's now my only .380 and .32 pistol I own and it carries so well. If I put money into it, it's just for my personal preference and not any collectors value.

In other news, the .380 barrel came into today and fits and functions just fine! I used some 2000 grit sandpaper to polish and clean it up a bit and swabbed the barrel out with a nylon brush. Feed 6 flat nose rounds just fine. The recoil spring it came with is just a tad longer than the one with the .32 barrel, but the friction is unreal and I almost need pliers to get it off of the barrel! So I'm using the .32 barrel spring with it now. I'll give a range report later after I've fired some rounds through it.

Speaking of rounds, I need to find a new .380 carry ammo. All I have right now is some Buffalo Bore 100 grain +P HC rounds that penetrate ~44" from a 3" barrel! Not sure that's really what I want, but it won't be too bad for hiking I guess. Might mess up a coyote's day. I've seen good reports from the Ruger ARX ammo, so I might pick some up.
The Following User Likes This Post: