View Single Post

Old 03-17-2016, 05:37 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 4,495 Times in 1,516 Posts

A couple of months ago, it took going to 3 different shops before I found an M69 that didn't have an issue with either a canted front sight or a loose lock up with the new style detent lock on the yoke.

Prior to that, I bought a 625-8 JM, it had a canted front sight due to barrel over tightening that I did not notice. I had on a pair of single focus "computer" glasses (I normally wear bi-focal) that I had made up specially just for the focal length of looking at computer screens, and I couldn't see how the front sight blade was tilted to the left when looking at it through the rear sight slot.

I bought a Hi-Viz front sight because I didn't care for the gold bead, and it had an issue tilting in the other direction... between the two defects, they ended up canceling each other out and it now has a "normal" sight picture, you can read what I posted about it
here

My LGS has gotten in more S&W revolvers, some are PC models, and this current bunch of about a dozen, it looks to be better, out of the 3 or 4 that I looked at, not a canted barrel to be found and quality was pretty good overall.
SWCA #1830 SWHF #222

Last edited by Gunhacker; 03-17-2016 at 05:48 PM.