View Single Post

Old 03-18-2016, 03:00 PM

Liked 1,426 Times in 567 Posts

22lr is available again, I've been able to pick up a nice little stash online just over the past couple of months. Like others have mentioned, use the search engine notifications. I signed up for whatever is linked at slickguns, and specified my pricepoint (I think it's set for 8 cents or under). Whenever something pops up, it flashes to my phone, and you usually have less than a half hour to decide if you want that deal. I've gotten CCI, Winchester, the bucket from Remington, Federal, Aguila, and Norma that way. I also have talked to the owner of my local range, and he's sold me Winchester (1000 rd in black box stuff, not the walmart boxes) for reasonable.

Once I got enough for comfort, I've laid off until it's around 6 cents shipped, but that still comes around.

I think we've seen an explosion of 10-22/MP 22/GSG 522 etc "tactical" shooters, people who buy and shoot a brick at a time plinking. That, and the recent shortages of centerfire rds (well, I'll just go shoot 22 instead), I think accounts for the 22lr shortages.