View Single Post

Old 03-20-2016, 02:03 PM

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Last update and project finished for now. Got the Firing Pin Retainer from Numrich and put it in today. It's hard to tell in the pictures but it's more of a Grey to the frame and slide's Silver finish. I want paint/coat it a similar black to the old decocker and hammer but I'm not sure what to use.

Final tally: Curved original S&W grips, Decocker/safety delete for smooth slide, 16lb Hammer spring (20lb factory).

Don't know how 'good' the barrels are in these but with the great trigger, very tight slide-to-frame fit and tight barrel fit this should be be competitive with the best of them. Happy!

Final pics: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens View Post
Earlier TSW pistols were supposedly tighter fitted and matched upper/lower, and many owners claim they notice a difference. I believe it is less so on later TSW pistols.

The one part on most of the .45cal pistols that does give trouble -- nearly to the point where it's an epidemic is the trigger play spring. It's the riveted, funny little copper looking springy tab mounted to the trigger. These bend and break and it allows the trigger to "click" in a most annoying fashion.

Word is that it's so prevalent that some LE armorer began yanking them off as a matter of routine and I've read of at least one LE org that simply ordered S&W to ship their pistols without this blasted cheap spring.

The spring isn't prone to failure in all the other pistols.
Haha, wow. Well that solves it. Mine has an annoying feel/click in the SA take up that really feels like ****. Wasn't going to say anything so I'm glad you pointed that out.

I've never had a gun with anything resembling the 'Trigger play Spring' clip thing so after looking at the diagram I figured that was probably the culprit. You're saying they can just be removed without effecting anything else? If so that's something I'll definitely do but that (I think?) involves pretty much removing the entire trigger/sear/hammer assembly. Is that correct? Thanks for the help as always!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg small1.jpg (224.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg small2.jpg (184.0 KB, 22 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: