View Single Post

Old 03-29-2016, 08:26 AM

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Double action with the .357, and a polymer frame Taurus at that. The only reason I prefaced my post with that information was to throw out the hint I had some passing familiarity with firearms and we shot the snubby the same day, so I wasn't sick or having an off day.

I won't go into long details, but my fundamentals with revolvers or semi-autos are fine. The firearm I bought for my 30 year old son and he was having trouble hitting anything. I tried it and found the same. If you are getting wacky shot placement at 10 yards, and doing everything right, something is wrong.

I cleaned it last night and noticed the rails are canted about 1/8th of an inch to the left. I contacted S&W and am waiting for their reply. So anyway thank all you for responding. This is my first go round on a firearms forum. Some of you had useful advice, and some of you reinforced for me that I shouldn't question my shooting skills. There are some slight differences in shooting a semi-auto and a revolver, but not that much when it comes down to the basics of body placement, grip, site alignment, breath control and trigger squeeze.
The Following User Likes This Post: