View Single Post

Old 03-29-2016, 09:41 PM

Liked 4,189 Times in 1,864 Posts
Default Question about CCW Safe self defense "insurance"

I am on the verge of purchasing CCW insurance, and I am trying to research what is out there. I had been focused on Second Call Defense, because of it's affiliation with the NRA, and the fact that that insurance not only covered financial judgments against you, if you are found liable, but they would cover psychological counseling for my children (most likely if a self defense shooting were to occur, there's a good chance that my children would be present since I am a custodial dad).

However, I have found that any incurred expenses would be reimbursed, not provided up front, according to information I have read here. In looking at coverage from a comparison chart on this forum, it appears as though CCW Safe provides the criminal defense without out of pocket expenses incurred by the client.

My questions are directed towards people who have made their choices.
1. Does Second Call Defense require their client to pay for their criminal and civil defenses up front, then reimburse those expenses?
2. Does CCW Safe actually provide criminal defense without the client paying for their defense up front?
3. Does CCW Safe provide legal support in civil liability cases, after the criminal case is resolved?
4. With CCW Safe, in the event a client is found inoccent of criminal charges, but found liable in civil litigation because of a defensive shooting, do they cover any civil judgment?

Being a single, disabled, custodial parent, I have to make the poignant decisions for not only my children's and my physical safety, but also for our financial future. At this point, I am anxious to hear about first hand experience as opposed to business advertising.

Thank you in advance for your constructive assistance!