View Single Post

Old 04-01-2016, 12:41 AM

Liked 2,526 Times in 1,043 Posts

I joined CCW Safe about 6 months ago. Just glanced at my file and it claims that if I have an incident they will have an attorney on the phone to me in minimum time, and if necessary, on the next plane to my location. Coverage extends to use of force incidents of civil, criminal, or administrative nature anywhere my possession of a firearm is legal. I also have bail bond coverage through them.

They have a website that purports to answer all your questions. Prior to signing up I had a long discussion with one of their people and concluded that it was worth the $140 per year.

I used to teach the NRA personal protection course. We had three different DAs in to talk to the class, and the upshot from all of them was that if you have an incident you WILL be incurring legal jeopardy and expenses, even you are a Good Guy. One in particular impressed me with his account of a crippled defendant who was involved in a transparently righteous defensive incident in a rural area--and, in his words, "hometowned"--convicted in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. Scary stuff.

I was involved in a number of lawsuits in my career; in each case the US Attorney's office (grudgingly, I thought) determined that I was acting within the scope of my duties and represented me. None of those cases ever went anywhere--but it is not a pleasant experience.

I got to looking at the CCW Safe outfit after scouting out my local options and being unimpressed. (I doubt I could afford Gerry Spence.)

I hope I never need to find out how good the coverage is in practice the way things are going.

Never say never.

Last edited by Bat Guano; 04-01-2016 at 12:43 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: