View Single Post

Old 04-07-2016, 12:05 AM

Liked 7,601 Times in 1,448 Posts

I've been shooting side by side for years. I prefer them with double triggers. I have two in the safe with single triggers, the wife AH Fox 20 gauge and my DeHaan 28 gauge.

I don't shoot the single trigger guns all that much. I have found myself, more than once, searching with my trigger finger for a back trigger that isn't there. It is amazing how that momentary mental lapse cause misses.

Of course on the other end of the learning curve when I got my first double trigger gun more than once I found my self pulling that front trigger hard trying to get that second shot.

Really it doesn't take all that long to use to a double trigger gun. One hint double triggers are much easier to deal with on straight grip and Prince of Wales gripped guns. The trick is to stretch for the front trigger so your finger slips easily back to the second trigger. You don't move your hand so open grips that give your hand plenty of room work best.

With a little practice you can fire that second barrel faster than your friends can get off their second shot from a semi auto.

Another plus for double triggers are they are much more reliable than single triggers. There is also a quick pick of choke with double triggers.

Two barrels and two triggers is just how it should be.

Last edited by Bill Bates; 04-07-2016 at 10:41 AM.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: