View Single Post

Old 04-08-2016, 01:23 AM

Liked 6,562 Times in 2,597 Posts

My initial shotgunning was a Stevens M94 single shot 410. Dad had Gramps White Powder single shot 12 gauge and a Stevens 311 in 16 gauge. I was good at pulling the hammer back and picking up on 2 triggers was much easier.

For years I hunted birds with 2 trigger doubles, Parkers and AH Fox.
When a group of us started shooting sporting clays I used the old SS guns. Then I went thru some kind of fever or sumthing and ended up with an O/U set up for sporting.

I miss quail and pheasant hunting with my Elhew pointer. I also bought Chukar, released them and turned my Elhew girl on them. I had a PArker 12 gauge in A grade, damascus bbls. I stopped at a gun shop that was closing, he had 7 or 8 boxes of Navy 12 gauge Black Powder shells, cheap. I bought them. Hunting chukar and blowing out BP smoke was lots of fun.

Killed lots of Ducks with autos. Ithaca MAg 10. I had it shortened to 26" from a FULL 30" and had screw in chokes installed so I could use the new fangled steel shot.

Bagged lots of Turkeys with the Mag 10 also. I actually traded it for the A grade Parker.

Most of my hunting, plinking at clays and HD is now tied to a pump shotgun.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: