View Single Post

Old 04-10-2016, 02:58 PM

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveragEd View Post
You plight is understood and appreciated. Although statistics apparently say otherwise, it sure seems like there is a large enough portion of the American population that is left-handed to make manufacturing of items for those people practical and profitable. My late father-in-law was left-handed, my wife is left-handed, our daughter-in-law is a natural lefty but can do some things right-handed and our granddaughter, while only eight months old, appears to favor her left hand. That's just in our small family and if representative of the country, indicates there are a lot of people who are left-handed.

Ed
Being left-handed, I'm aware of the lefty plight. Baseball gloves, golf clubs, even scissors! Fortunately, my right handed brother taught me to shoot when I was 10 and never even considered that I was left handed. Consequently, shooting is the only thing I do right handed. Just lucky I guess.

Took my 14 year old granddaughter to the range for the first time on Spring Break from school and started her with the Ruger Single Six, then went to the S&W Victory. Now get this - she is right handed, shoots with her right hand, BUT her left eye is dominant and that is the eye she uses to shoot. If I had to shoot with my left eye, I think I'd fall down!

Before anyone tells me I should be shooting with BOTH eyes open - I just can't do it with my old eyes. I see double images! It's fine with my red dot, but not with standard sights. The granddaughter can't do it either.
The Following User Likes This Post: