View Single Post

Old 04-12-2016, 03:10 AM

Liked 14 Times in 3 Posts
Thumbs up Got the 9mm Ported Shield today. Range report & compared to regular Shield

After waiting about a month, I finally got the PC Shield!
Already have the regular version, but the PC just kept taunting me..

So, took it to the range today and put about 500 rounds (124gr Blazer Brass and Lawman ) thru it!

Had no issues until I tried the Federal HST! The gun was obviously dirty after 500rds, and I wanted to test with JHPs. The first one went bang, but the next had a FTF !

So, cleared it, and tried a few more HSTs.. Of the 20 I put thru the PC, I had 3 FTF issues Tried a few more ( ~50 ) more FMJ Blazer and no malfunctions! The HSTs are 124gr ( no +p )

What gives ?

Otherwise, the PC shot true, and the HiViz sights felt great. The PC version is def. worth the wait !!

Compared to the regular Shield, the trigger ( for me ) is night and day! The PC's trigger is just awesome! I tried both, and the difference is substantial!!

I also noticed a decent difference in muzzle flip. It was much easier to get back on target with the PC

All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase and the only issue that might hold me back from EDC'ing this pistol would be repeated FTF with defense/carry ammo !

Going to try some Hornady and Gold Dots in a couple of days and update my findings...
The Following 7 Users Like Post: