View Single Post

Old 04-19-2016, 08:51 AM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

There are plenty of other striker fired guns aside from S&W and Glock. The only company I can think of of the top of my head that does not offer a striker is CZ.

All 3rd gens are hammer fired. Some are DAO and some are SA/DA. Some of the DAO have a flush hammer so they may spear to be striker fired.

Advantages are that you get a consistent trigger each and every time. DA/SA is typically 10 lbs pull on double action and somewhere around 5 lbs in single action. Strikers are all about 5lbs.

I like both but I like striker better. All hammer fired guns feel differently and I don't care for the trigger pulls. Beretta and CZ seem to be heavier than S&W 3rd gen or Sig. There is no consistency, for me anyway. I can pick up 5 different CZ or Beretta and each will feel like it has a different trigger pull weight in double action. S&W also seem smoother in their DA pull. Where as striker fired guns all feel the same......with a few exceptions lately being the HK VP, Sig 320 and Walther PPQ.

A lot comes down to what you want your gun to do and how you view it. If you're into target shooting, feeling your gun, playing with it then striker fired is probably not for you. If you view it as a training and self defense tool then you look at it more practically and performance trumps feelings

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Arik; 04-19-2016 at 08:56 AM.
The Following 11 Users Like Post: