View Single Post

Old 05-14-2016, 03:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt_saa View Post
Mark,
Welcome to the Forum

First you do realize this Forum is not part of Smith and Wesson. The Forum is privately run and has no connection to the manufacturer of firearms.

You also posted this in the Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation section. The Foundation also has no connection to the manufacturer of firearms and nothing to do with your letter

You requested the letter from the Smith and Wesson Factory.

Usually a Factory Letter takes 12-16 weeks. You only had your check cashed 3 weeks ago. Nothing is even close to being late yet.

However the Factory Historian (yes there is only one person that does this job) is on vacation and doing some shows so he will not be working on letters for the next 4-6 weeks. This is probably why the Factory disabled the letter request page on the Factory site.

While you could call the Factory, all they are going to tell you is that your request is in the queue. They can not possibly give you an estimate as to when you are going to get your letter.

Just be patient and try not to think about it. It will get there
I am aware that the forum is not run by S&W. I have seen other references to factory letters on this board, hence the question. Another collector pointed me here as well.... "those are the folks in the know!"

I apologize if this isn't the correct venue, but you did indeed answer most of my questions. Its a tight community and you knew Mr. Jinks would be away. I knew customer support was not really the best option given the nature of it all, and without the reference page being active, you see where it goes.

Again... this isn't a "try not to think about it" thing. I'm very familiar with patience in research and collecting, and a wait is the least of my concerns or worries. Recently however, a friend received his letter in a matter of a couple weeks. I am more concerned with the fact that if it was indeed sent it joined some other very important incoming mail in the twilight zone. It's been a pretty frustrating few weeks of mail mixups.

Thanks for a quick reply that does actually give me hope that my factory letter did not fall prey as well.