View Single Post

Old 05-28-2016, 12:41 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
How did you lose the sight? If it simply fell out unknowingly, then I would look at it as being a manufacturer's defect and S&W should replace it free.
I was at the Gun Range and stayed until about 10 minutes before they closed. I had a couple pistols with me and probably pulled them back out of the bag re-positioning them before leaving for the night. It wasn't until I got home about 45 minutes later and I pulled them out of the bag for cleaning that I noticed the sight missing. This type of sight has fairly sharp edges on the back of it and can easily snag on anything and release the sight from the barrel if you aren't careful. It doesn't take a lot of force. After I got home checked the gun bag many times, look around the house and couldn't find it. We do have a small dog who will pick up anything she see's laying around that looks interesting. The next morning I was at the range about 10 minutes before they opened. I told them what had happened but I was too late, it wasn't there, they had swept up the range after closing so the sight most likely went into the big dumpster out back or the dog found it on the floor at home and carried it out into the back yard into the grass. $50 lesson learned....

The sights that 03Fatboy pointed me to should actually be an improvement over the factory sight I lost. I have a very similar style of fiber-optic sight on my Browning Buck Mark UDX Plus.

Buck Mark Plus UDX

Last edited by dacoleman; 05-28-2016 at 03:29 PM.