Thread: Rimfire Rifles
View Single Post

Old 05-29-2016, 10:14 AM
US Veteran

Liked 18,663 Times in 4,784 Posts

A few of my favorites:

For a lever gun I prefer the Winchester 9422. Superb accuracy, fit and finish. Its just an elegant rifle.

Another vote for the Ruger 77/22. I picked up a used one many years ago at a very reasonable price. It just feels good in my hands and is more accurate than I'm capable of being.

I have a Rossi 62 that I got used and dirt cheap. Surprisingly accurate little rifle. That thing and a set of spinners makes for a very fun afternoon.

The Marlin Model 60. Cheap, reliable and accurate. What more could you want? Currently I have a Model 99M1 which is simply the Model 60 with a short barrel and a stock that resembles the M1 Carbine. Great little gun.

I have a 10/22 Tactical Model that I bought for the purpose of hosting my .22 suppressor. I picked it because the barrel was already threaded. Had to do quite a bit of work and replace a bunch of parts, but its a fine shooter now. Honestly, if it weren't for the can, I probably wouldn't own it.

The Nylon 66 is a fine rifle, but I must caution don't ever take that sucker apart! A friend brought me one in a box. Some 20 years earlier his Dad had taken it apart to give it a good cleaning and never could get it back together again. It took me most of a day of studying parts diagrams just to figure out what was missing. Lots of little bitty parts in there. Once I got the parts, it was two more days of some serious fussin' and cussin' to put it back together.
Of course I had to test fire it. Ran like a top and a pure pleasure to shoot. I almost hated to give it back to him.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: