View Single Post

Old 06-02-2016, 10:12 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Unhappy M&P 15-22 PISTOL version - barrel removal?

Wondering if anyone can tell me how to remove the barrel or flash hider on the 15-22 PISTOL? Any tips, techniques, videos, tools, etc. My main goal is just to remove the flash hider on the end of the barrel.

I've watched several videos on how to do this on the 15-22 RIFLE with a 16 inch barrel where you can use some tools made by tacticool22 (Barrel Vise Jaws and Barrel Nut Wrench) including the barrel clamps for the vise to hold the barrel still, but the problem with the pistol version (6inch barrel) is there isn't any extra barrel after the handguard to grab/clamp on to and all the tools are too long (they completely cover the barrel). See pic of 15-22 PISTOL and you can see what I mean is the problem here.
I'm very concerned if I don't isolate the barrel and put too much force on the flash hider its going to damage the "plastic" upper the barrel is connected to. I've heard about folks damaging their plastic uppers by not isolating the barrel with clamps before putting any pressure on the barrel or flash hider trying to remove them. S&W doesn't make these pistols anymore so I absolutely do not want to damage it. Please help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MP-15-22-Pistol.jpg (69.0 KB, 179 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: