Thread: 1st Duty Weapon
View Single Post

Old 06-05-2016, 03:51 PM

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
Cool 1st Duty Weapon

I started off carrying my dad's (pre-15) Combat Masterpiece. In the mid-70's the "one-to-have" was the "new" Model 19, so I grabbed one of those and put the K38 in my safe. Later tried a 39 dash-nothin', but went back to the 19.

After a transfer to different agency was issued a Model 64. They were buying those to issue to everyone, who had until that point carried whatever they wanted - what a disaster. They had real QC issues at that time (early 1979) so we gave them all back and issued Ruger 4" .357's in Stainless (can't remember the model number/name).

As the armorer/instructor I was "allowed" (meaning they didn't ask, and I didn't tell) to carry my personal 586 4" which was the sweetest revolver I have ever owned. Still my favorite wheel gun. Has a Jim Hudson action job meaning it's smooth as frog's hair, with SA slide spring and internals honed to a mirror finish, engine turned and smooth radiused SA trigger, engine turned hammer sides (makes it beautiful) and a set of Pachmayr rubber grips,

Has about 20k rounds through it and still a tack driver, and still nice and tight.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: