View Single Post

Old 06-06-2016, 07:47 AM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman10mm View Post
After buying the 4 boxes of rare/collectable ammo for $100,he asked me if there's anything else I'm looking for,I told him 3rd gen mags but he didn't have any in his display cases. He then pulled out 2 large plastic containers,1 for 9mm and 1 for 40/45. There were a lot of mags in them that I would have bought If I had more funds with me. The 2 I picked were marked $35 each,he gave them for $25. Next Novi show is in the fall.
How badly priced were the 59 pre-bans you picked up ?
Sounds like you've got a good source for the future. Sure wish I could attend some of those "real" gun shows out your way. The one I attended last Saturday was kind of a depressing joke. We now have too many gun shows here in MA and it is diluting the shows (both attendance and vendor participation) considerably.

I'd not going to embarrass myself publicly by admitting when I had to pay to secure a couple of "as-new" 5900-series 15-round pre-bans. Sometimes you've just got to pay what it takes to get what you need whether you like it or not. One vendor at the show swore that he has tons of them but didn't bring them. If he was telling me the truth, he could be a good source at future shows in the fall... but I have my doubts that his story was for real. Been there, done that before and those sorts of wild dealer stories never seem to go anywhere.

In any case, just about all of my local sources have been worked to their limits. One possible/potential good source remains but I think I've bought out everyone else! I'm in pretty good shape now after Saturday's show and after a little post-show shopping. I'm not 100% where I want to be... but I'm a whole lot better off than I was before I started this "build up the 3rd Gen magazine supply" campaign!