View Single Post

Old 06-08-2016, 07:30 AM

Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Pipe View Post
I bought my shield without a safety and just bought the new M&P Bodyguard without a safety. The best safety you can have is the one between your ears. The cops that shoot themselves usually have been trained with firearms that have safeties and they rely on them to protect negligent gun handling. When they go to a gun like a glock they don't use proper handling safety and have an issue. I don't trust my gross motor skills to turn off a safety when it's fight or flight but I do trust myself to handle a gun with the utmost care if I know when the trigger moves it will go bang no matter what. Don't be lazy.
I agree! If anyone practices safety, it will be impossible to accidentally discharge a gun. the best safety is the one between the ears. It's the same argument against Blackhawk holsters with the locking mechanism. If you keep your trigger finger ABOVE the trigger guard while inserting and removing the pistol, the trigger can not be fired. Practice, practice, practice!
Or, to make it even simpler, if you order a hot cup of coffee from McDonald's, is it the cup's fault you burn yourself? If the person at the window who serves the hot coffee doesn't get burned, how does the customer get burned? Cheeez!