View Single Post

Old 06-09-2016, 12:48 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule Packer View Post
I have never met Bo or Gary Randall, but I've always been under the impression that they made their knives to be used. Of course, I can certainly understand the exception, e.g. the scrimshawed knives by Rick Bowles.

I have some Randall knives and all of them are used, but the three I use most are a Model 25-5 Trapper....

A Model 5-6 Camp and Trail....

And a Model 21 Little Game...

I love your Model 5! I had to order my similar one with a five-inch blade, as Texas limits blade length to 5.5 inches.

Those who like a similar knife and who can't find or afford a Model 5 should look at the Fallkniven Model S -1 Forest Knife. There are several sheath options, leather or Zytel. Kydex is no longer offered. The blade is very like a Randall Model 5. I think you can find them in the USA for about $150. There are several Online dealers. Want the same idea, but bigger? Model A-1. www.fallkniven.com Work the buttons and see some fine knives. No, I don't own stock in Fallkniven, a Swedish firm. But I sure like their knives. You can find Online reviews. Check YouTube.

I like Randalls, too. Just thought that I'd mention a good alternative.

Last edited by Texas Star; 06-09-2016 at 12:55 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: