View Single Post

Old 06-10-2016, 12:00 PM

Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Default randall #15 tenite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29aholic View Post
A recent thread prompted me to ask the question. I have been a Randall knife lover since I saw my first one when I was 10. It is the knife pictured which was bought by a good friend of the family before he shipped out to SEA in 1965 with the USMC. He let me "safeguard" it growing up, but it did not become officially mine until I shipped out in Sept. 1984. It did 3 tours with him and I since passed it to my best friend who served in the Corp during the 1st sand box war. I figured a Marine bought it...a Marine should have it, I was Army. This is one of the few Randalls I have seen that has actually been used. Having sold a few lately I know if you use one you lose quite a bit on value. I would love to see what you all have out there that you love and cherish as much I have this knife and have actually used it....would love to hear the stories too.

in 1960 i ordered a randall airman green tenite, was delayed 6 months while they were making the astronauts, was sharpened once then was a safe queen till 2001, sold it to a MA collector for 3 trout&bird for my 3 sons and quite a bit of boot. the hilt had a cut out filled with bondo, felt it was a astro reject.