View Single Post

Old 06-12-2016, 02:17 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,729 Times in 2,620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerman View Post
I just bought a new S&W Victory. One of the things that attracted me to is was the ease of disassembly. Just remove one screw, you're done. Yeah, if you can get the screw out. I've already stripped the hex wrench that came with it and another of my own trying to loosen it. I clamped vice grips on yet another hex wrench and torqued it until the hex wrench snapped. At this point, the screw is so chewed up I'm afraid to continue. It will NOT loosen. What did they put that screw in with, an air wrench? Permanent thread locker? I know they want to get it tight, but it is SUPPOSED to come out. Unbelievable. I had to hunt far and wide to even find one of these, and now it looks like I won't even be able to fire a shot before it spends a couple of months at the factory. I had heard Smith and Wesson's quality had improved of late. Maybe not.
Does anyone remember the spring loaded button disassembly on the 22A and 22S?

Perhaps someone at S&W could explain how this system is an improvement. This pistol is a badge-engineered 22A/22S. As soon as I saw the introductory video touting the simple, single screw disassembly, it killed it for me.

Now, we have seen posts of these guns "disassembling themselves" when the screw vibrates loose, followed by posts about users being completely unable to unscrew the disassembly screw.

Sorry, but some designer at S&W should be called on the carpet over this fiasco.

Send it back, get it fixed, sell it, and but a Ruger Mark III.