View Single Post

Old 06-13-2016, 07:20 AM

Liked 17,197 Times in 5,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerman View Post
Sorry, but you can't simply explain this away as poor tools. If you are going to sell a gun that requires a tool to take down, and you supply a tool SPECIFICALLY for doing that, then that tool should be able to do the job. If it had worked in my case I wouldn't even be turning to other tools. But it didn't. I clamped the supplied hex wrench in vice grips and torqued the screw until the hex wrench broke. Snapped. Again, if the manufacturer supplies a tool to do a specific job, it's not unreasonable to expect that tool to perform the intended job.
Actually I can explain it exactly that way. I stopped using the old screw drivers S&W provided when I found out better ones by Brownells existed. Even though some of the factory screw drivers looked nice, they didn't fit all the screws correctly and a lot of S&W screw heads were mangled up with them. Same thing for lug wrenches on cars. I haven't used one of those worthless pieces of poo since the late 60's or early 70's. Manufacturers almost never supply a high quality tool for their product. You don't see cars shipped with a set of Snap-On tools, and it's for the same reason, cost.

Last edited by Tom S.; 06-13-2016 at 07:23 AM.