View Single Post

Old 06-15-2016, 07:13 AM

Liked 3,665 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldRoger View Post
I have a Pardini GT with the 6" barrel. It has a superb trigger and the sights are typical of a high end match pistol.
I also have a CZ 75 from the CZ Custom Shop which is on a par with my P210.

I have reviewed some ransom rest tests done in Europe to test the precision of various commercial and hand loaded 9mm ammunition.
I am convinced that the limitation in all of the high end pistols discussed here is ammunition.

I cannot hold close enough to test ammunition for precision, but the tests I refer to above suggest that a 1.5" vertical string at 50 meters is typical of the very best commercial ammunition.
These tests also confirm that some ammunition is more precise in some pistols than others.

My point is that given the ammunition variables it would take a Ransom Rest and a lot of work to determine which is the most precise pistol which is not the same as the best match pistol.
I would agree. Also, different pistols like different ammo, so its nearly impossible to do a completely fair comparison. Having said that, I do the best I can with what I have.

High end pistols are my thing. I'm fortunate enough to own pretty much all of them and enjoy pitting them against each other in my amateur sort of way.

I list many of them here...

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/...s-guide.23120/